Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Soldier

Home Land To No Man
It all started out as the family man,
House with the picket fence a true American dream,
Never really seen it coming but, only heard,
Then the day came when we ultimately had to serve,
For God and my country I remember the words so true,
Never thoughts the words I lOVE YOU  would mean so much ,
Until I had to depart from you!
Hold my hands and the warmth will keep us strong,
For how long?
Freedom is the reason you say why we fight?
To a land of unfamiliar sight,
Sailing across the raging sea strapped ready to go,
Don't feel so gung ho!
As a tear fades to salty sea below,
Hit the sad bar (Sand bar) now begins the charge,
Casualties large,
Definition of killing is redefined to survival,
No regards for life,
Just thoughts of guilt festering in the mental quicksand,
Surrounded by destruction,
Charred remains,visual,and mental stains,
On the brink of insanity,
Can't think about where I want to be, ( I want to go home),
For my country?
What about For my family!
As we sit here in this trench,wrenched, drenched, in our own stench,
SEMPER FI DO OR DIE!
We did with our heads held high,
Now all we have are the stories which we do not tell,
The eyes do swell when we think of our comrades who fell,
At home once again,
But, a different man,
I see and fell the pain but, I still love them but,it's hard to understand,
Every time I walk through the door,
All I can remember is the love that I left behind,
WAR !
WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR BESIDES FOR MY COUNTRY!!!!!!!!

                                                                                    Donald EMcKinnon 08/09/2006

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving On

I should of saw this coming, All the turning my back and constantly running, Trying to find comfort for this soul, Trying to find patches...