Tuesday, April 9, 2013

IF

Soul of desire, If I were a candle would light my fire? If I were at a low point could you take it higher? Nightime overcast, How long can love last? Not long if you carry a past, Pain encased like a cast, Still hurt without healing, Chasing the unknown without kneeling, The truth will force the liar to start peeling, Don't look at me! Look at the ceiling, That's the best way out, Feelings are amazing, Tears cause the eyes to unfocus and reveal hazing, When this soul felt distant you brought it close, Created a hoax, A false sense of being, What I thought I saw I wasn't actually seeing, The heat, The passion, Who was I talking to? What was I asking, Myself? The pitter patter, Threw a strike but, there was no batter, If he did'nt want her why I can't I have her? The mind makes us see matter, Bitter sweet, Watch the soles of your feet, Walk away, Never to stay, Lips together form a seal, Perfume appeal, Is deceit the same as steal, IF this were real, Would it be love???????????? DMK 4/9/13

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading your work for a while now....even before this blog came to life. And i must say that God has really blessed you with a creatve gift. I saw this in the poem you wrote me on my birthday. It's amazing how you used one comment to bring an entire poem to life! My prayer for you is that God's voice be heard in everything you write. That through you, He may be heard around the world. You have an amazing opportunity at your disposal to glorify the Lord.
    love you always my friend....

    ReplyDelete

Moving On

I should of saw this coming, All the turning my back and constantly running, Trying to find comfort for this soul, Trying to find patches...